Survey of Piano Literature:
The Historical Component of Piano Playing
• Ragtime, Jazz & Blues
• Rock 'n Roll
• Popular, Broadway, Movie Themes
• Current Top of the Chart Hits and Golden Oldies
• Ethnic, Folk & Holiday Favorites
The Physical Component of Piano Playing
• Maintaining good posture and the natural, relaxed use of hands, wrists, and arms.
• Learning the geography of the keyboard
• Developing economy of hand motion & good coordination
• Doing keyboard calisthenics: finger crossings, hand crossings, stretches, jumps
• Playing scales, chords & left-hand accompaniment patterns
• Mastering rhythms
The Intellectual Component of Piano Playing
• Keyboard geography
• Note reading and musical symbols
• Pattern recognition & chord identification
• Recognition of musical forms & stylistic elements
• Memorization techniques
• Development of mental focus, attention span, concentration,
Call 201-568-6344 to schedule a consultation.
Start Lessons Today!
You can bring the fun and joy of music making into your home too. Enrich your life by learning to play piano and filling your home with the music you love.
32 Coleman Terrace
Tenafly, NJ 07670